layout

Saturday, October 16, 2010

We the grain

Well, as of now i am studying for psychology and english midterms. I figure the only way to stay sane is to drink coffee and blog. So here we go-
I went to the selu bcm this past thursday night, and God really challenged me. He was talking about because of Christs death and His glorfication, we are glorified and resurrected through Him. When John or some one told Jesus that He would never taste death, Jesus rebuked him. Because without Christs death, we would all be sent to hell. Yes i already knew that, but i was reminded of its great importance. But that wasnt even what hit me.

John 12:23-25
But Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified.
"Most assuredly i say, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone, but if it dies, it produces much grain.
He who loves his life will lose it, and he hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life".


we must die to ourselves, to our dreams, ambitions, and life goals. that means everything, even wanting to be a worship leader and traveling around the world. We have to surrender and realize that if we look at what we want, we will never experience the fullness of what God wants, and HIS WANT is a BILLION times better. Us humans, including myself can be so small minded, but we bear much fruit if we die first. Because literally, a piece of grain falls to the ground, dies, and turned upside down, then begins to grow, and eventually brings forth fruit. We are the grain, and we must die, so that we can truly live.

2 comments:

  1. So good girl! I have been there where I have said "I want to lead worship full time and that is all I want to do". You are right...it is small minded. Honestly, if we are really serving God our heart would say "God I will do anything to be a part of your plan"..."I will do anything to see people come to know you"... When we do that and come to God with a heart like that it pleases Him. He knows our heart and our desires and depending on His plans for us He will either open the doors for us to do what we currently desire or He will give us new desires.

    Very good girl! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PREACH! It's so good to know that what we find important or huge matters in our lives God just sees as tiny pieces of our lives. He uses everything from us to make us into that vessel. I love you, dear. :]

    ReplyDelete