layout

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Obedience..Have Your Way God..Have Your Way..

Well..
I seem to be facing a battle in my life right now, but i know that God is still God, despite all circumstances. Im learning to just accept being righteous, standing before God, knowing that NOTHING i can do that is GOOD nor bad will improve the way that God looks and sees me as. I am learning that there is this beautiful, infinite, eternal love that God has for me, and when i am in the fire, i have to hope to remember that i can still run into the arms of love. He is never changing! But yeah, i just pray that in this battle that the Lord is putting me through, that i can grow, and that i not complain about it. I went to the hub at HPC for a special college service friday night, and the guy was talking about how he couldnt seem to get the scripture out of his head of the one where Jesus was praying before He was to be crucified, saying

Luke 22:42
Father, if You are willing, please take this cup of suffering from me. Yet, i want Your will to be done, not mine. (New Living Trans)

He was talking about how, so many times, WE DO THE SAME THING! we want to get rid of what God has placed us in for a reason. That is SOO true! How many times have i personally cried out to God to please take this "cup" of relationships, loneliess, or etc away from me.

It is so cool that Jesus was fully man yet fully God. Jesus Himself didnt want to do what He was about to do, but i love what He says...."yet, i want Your will to be done, not mine". How obedient and selfless.

I encourage you to listen to the song Arms open wide, by Hillsong.

No comments:

Post a Comment