layout

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Beautiful Conference and everything else



Had a great time at the Beautiful conference with my favorite worship leader Kari Jobe and speaker Angela Thomas. It was truly an encouragement to hear them both. I got a lot out of the conference, but i left thinking, yup, leading worship is truly what my heart desires to do. I want to lead people in the presence of God for the rest of my life and pour out my soul and heart to those who need Him. I pray that Gods will would be done in my life. I keep thinking today, "Gods will is better than my will". Is it true. He knows better than i know, so i need to trust Him. even if that means me doing something that i dont necessarily want to do right now. Like going to school at selu, lol. sometimes i do, but i was asked the question a few days ago, "If you were completely submitted to Gods will right now, what do you think He would ask you to do'?
I didnt know what to say at first, but now that i think about it more, my answer would be bible school. I would love to have a ministeral degree under my belt but i dont know if thats what God wants, He really hasnt opened a door for me in that area yet.

i did start school last wednesday. wow, is really all i can say. I am taking a lot of classes. 9 to be exact. It is my sophomore year and i am already freaking out, but wouldnt you?
my major is now gen. studies with a concentration in music..so im taking a lot of hard classes, including theory.

Honestly, i am never been more afraid so soon in my life. So like me, huh? it was my third day and im already thinking i cant do this. Such non sense i know! but im already lost in my class, and they say it is just going to get worse. I really dont want to be negative, i want to have faith in believe in God in this situation. So i am going to work as hard as i can for as long as i can.

I know that God is my lamp, and the thing about a lamp is, it doesnt light your whole path, just a little bit at a time to take each step. thats how God works in my life. i only get to see a little at a time.

I look back 2 years from now and never would have thought i would be here. But i know His will is greater than mine, He knows me inside and out, and dreamed me up before i was even created. He knows what is perfect for me. i am so thankful for a God who dreams for me. He is so beautiful. Thank you Lord!

I will lay down my fears, my dreams, and everything else to the One who died and gave His all for me. He is the only One who is worthy, yes He is worthy.





2 comments:

  1. Ah. I love you. I had amazing time with you! Isn't God good?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think...wow 1 whole year is already done! You are 1/4 of the way there! I think Bible school sounds great but the experience of pressing through when things are tough is what college is all about. I don't remember all the details for all my classes or the projects I had to present. I remember persevering when I was ready the quit and THAT is something that is going to benefit you in every area of your life for the rest of your life.

    I am proud of you and I know you CAN do it! God is going to equip you with everything you need to complete the different things he wants you to achieve.

    Also, you can look at your college days as your ministry. I know there are many girls in your classes that need a "Rachel Rasch" in their lives to share Jesus with them in a real way.

    I love you and I am so blessed to be your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete